Cat Sitter Job Description
Homeward Bound Professional Animal Care is looking for Cat Sitters to join our team. We are currently hiring for weekday (4pm-6pm) and weekend shifts (8am-10am & 4pm-6pm). More night and weekend hours are available as schedule allows.
The ideal candidate will:
- love animals and have experience with dogs and cats.
- have reliable transportation. Lots of driving for this position
- have a smart phone/tablet with a data plan and a camera
- have a computer with daily access to email and to the internet
- be able to pass a background check and drug test
- be physically fit and able to lift up to 45 pounds as well as walk 5 miles per day on average
- feel comfortable interacting with cats of all temperaments
- have good common sense and be able to easily follow directions
- commit to working with us for at least the next 6 months
- be organized and able to maintain a schedule
- be a great communicator, compose grammatically correct pet care journals to clients, and keep co-workers and office informed about each visit
- be punctual, professional, flexible, observant, patient, compassionate, and have great customer service skills
- be able to work occasional weekends and holidays
You must have reliable transportation and love cats to apply for this position, The Cat Sitter position includes looking after the wellbeing of client's cats while they are away, including feeding and watering per client instruction, cleaning litter boxes and maintaining general security of the household. You must also be able to self-manage and be comfortable driving in the rain, and/or snow. 8am-10am and 4pm-6pm are the hours most suited for the cat sitting job. This job may be combined with the dog walking job for the right person.
- You must have a smart phone and internet access for this job. We use an online scheduling system. Visits must be checked off as you are doing them on your smart phone/tablet, as well as enter Pet Care Journals into the client's profile at each visit.
- Paid Training
- Keep client's homes secure while away.
Unlike many pet sitting companies, we hire employees instead of independent contractors, In addition to hourly compensation, you will be reimbursed for gas based on the number of miles driven,