Dog Walker Job Description
Homeward Bound Professional Animal Care is looking for Dog Walkers to join our team. We are currently hiring for weekday dog walks, from 11am-2pm. More night and weekend hours are available as schedule allows.
The ideal candidate will:
- love animals and have experience with dogs and cats.
- have reliable transportation. Lots of driving for this position
- have a smart phone/tablet with a data plan and a camera
- have a computer with daily access to email and to the internet
- be able to pass a background check and drug test
- be physically fit and able to lift up to 45 pounds as well as walk 5 miles per day on average
- feel comfortable walking both small and big dogs (that can possibly pull on the leash)
- have good common sense and be able to easily follow directions
- commit to working with us for at least the next 6 months
- be organized and able to maintain a schedule
- be a great communicator, compose grammatically correct pet care journals to clients, and keep co-workers and office informed about each walk/visit
- be punctual, professional, flexible, observant, patient, compassionate, and have great customer service skills
- be able to work occasional weekends and holidays
You must have reliable transportation and love dogs to apply for this position, The Dog Walking position includes walking the client's dog(s), feeding and watering per client instruction. You must also be able to self-manage and be comfortable walking in the heat, cold, rain, and/or snow. 11am-2pm are the hours most suited for the dog walking job.
- You must have a smart phone and internet access for this job. We use an online scheduling system. Visits must be checked off as you are doing them on your smart phone/tablet, as well as enter Pet Care Journals into the client's profile at each visit.
- Paid Training
- Walk dog(s) on a leash, even in adverse weather conditions. Keep the dog you are walking under control and away from other dogs until you are certain the dog is friendly.
- Keep client's homes secure while away on the walk.
- All dogs must be on leash on the walk or in a fenced in area at the owner's home.
Unlike many pet sitting companies, we hire employees instead of independent contractors, In addition to hourly compensation, you will be reimbursed for gas based on the number of miles driven,